DraftKings makes Michigan play via Bay Mills Resort and Casino
DraftKings has debuted a market access agreement with Bay Mills Resort and Casino in an agreement which will bring its sports betting solution to Michigan.
With its mobile sportsbook app currently available in Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and West Virginia, this extension hinges on the receipt of all applicable licenses and approvals.
In addition to mobile and online sportsbook access, the partnership will also allow Michigan sports fans to place bets in person at a retail betting location on-site at the property.
Michigan is the seventh state to announce a DraftKings-branded retail sportsbook, joining Colorado, Iowa, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey and New York.
The retail sportsbook partnership is also subject to adoption of applicable regulations and both parties securing necessary gaming licenses and other requisite approvals.
“We are excited about our new partnership with DraftKings,” said Bryan Newland, tribal chairman for the Bay Mills Indian Community. “Expanding on what entertainment options we can offer at Michigan’s longest operating gaming facility is always our goal.
“Our new on-site DraftKings Sportsbook will be one more great reason for Michiganders to vacation with us in the Upper Peninsula.”
In a DraftKings-led consumer study of Michiganders who expressed interest in online sports betting, over a third stated that they has already actively placed a legal bet via mobile by traveling either to another state or internationally where permitted.
Another 55 per cent had never made an online wager before, demonstrating potential among casual bettors upon market entry.
“Through a commitment to provide customers with a premier sports betting experience, DraftKings is happy to partner with Bay Mills Resort & Casino,” added Ezra Kucharz, DraftKings’ chief business officer.
“The Great Lakes State presents a number of gaming opportunities and we look forward to collaborating with Bay Mills to provide residents with the best-in-class experience DraftKings is known for.”
More on this: 36 stories
- Danville to Ask Circuit Court for Casino Referendum Green Light
- IGT Signs Multi-Year Deal with FanDuel Sportsbooks
- IGT and FanDuel agrees major multi-year sportsbook deal
- William Hill Opens its First Illinois Sports Book at Grand Victoria Casino Elgin
- Gambling.com debuts SlotSource.com to empower American slot players
- Gambling.com Group Launches SlotSource.com to Empower American Online Slot Players
- NetEnt to add US depth courtesy of Tipico link-up
- William Hill Launches Sports Betting Kiosks in Colorado
- DraftKings confirms rebranding of Casino Queen Illinois
- Illinois Casino Renamed “DraftKings at Casino Queen”
- William Hill Brings Sports Betting Kiosks to Isle Casino Hotel & Lady Luck Casino in Black Hawk, Colorado
- Portsmouth, VA Offers First Detailed Look at Proposed Rivers Casino
- Hard Rock to Seek Permission for Temporary Casino in Bristol, VA
- BonusFinder gains third US state licence in 2020
- Illinois Suspends In-Person Online Sportsbook Sign-Ups
- DraftKings Secures Entry in Michigan Sports Betting Market
- DraftKings inks betting deal with Michigan's Bay Mills tribal casino
- Danville Formally Names Caesars Preferred Casino Operator
- Playtech celebrates landing online casino products on New Jersey shore
- Ohio House Passes Retail and Mobile Sports Betting Bill
- Sportsbetting legislation gets the nod in Ohio
- Bristol Leaders Approve Game-Changer Hard Rock Casino Plan
- Hard Rock endorsed as preferred operator for Bristol casino
- DraftKings Explores Back-Door Entry in Illinois Betting Market
- Target for Nevada Casinos Reopening Set for June 4